Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cafe' Mocha

Saw this ground coffee from Lipa in the supermarket and tried to make café’ mocha using it as base for the espresso.  It turned out fantastic! 

For making the espresso, I used my portable Starbucks  French Press.  This can be a very useful kitchen tool especially if you need a quick caffeine-fix.



  
Here’s how I made my hot café’ mocha:

Ingredients:
2/3  cup Espresso shot
1/3 cup milk (you may use steamed milk)
2 tbsps. chocolate syrup (I used Hershey’s)
A dash each of cinnamon and nutmeg
Brown sugar or muscovado to taste

Procedure:

When making your Espresso Shot :  it is a common rule to use 1 heaping tablespoon of ground coffee  for every 5 ounce of hot water.  And allow your coffee to steep for at least 4-5 minutes.


After preparing your espresso shot, pour 2/3 cup into a teapot,  add the milk, chocolate syrup and the cinnamon/nutmeg.

Stir in the sugar according to taste.  Pour into espresso cups.



I enjoyed the coffee with a slice of banana loaf bread.

1 comment:

  1. I like most coffee with chocolate ice cream,and here is some different recipe like take it at night!?Its not so special!!
    cartucho r4

    ReplyDelete