Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tefal Actifry for that Guilt-Free Meals

Isn't it frustrating for those who are on a diet to eat fries and then feel guilty after? Let me share with you a great kitchen equipment that's worth the investment, Tefal's Actifry.






It's a revolutionary fryer that let's you cook a kilo of fries with just a spoonful of oil! This time, I used Actifry to cook chicken nuggets


and since it's a commercial nuggets (meaning I did not make it fron scratch), I decided not put oil anymore because they contain enough calories already.


      

I've set the timer to 7 minutes, and you can see that the nuggets are slowly spinning inside the fryer. One thing I don't like about Actifry is that you can barely hear the alarm when the cooking time is up and it doesn't automatically turn off either so you really have to wait or check it out from time to time.


The nuggets are crunchy on the outside and juicy inside.


You can see that even if  I didn't put any oil, there are traces of oil on the bottom of the pan which means that actifry has excreted the oil from the nuggets.



The pan can easily be removed and washed after using. You'll just need to use liquid soap to remove the greasy stuff, be careful not to scratch the pan.

Actifry sells at around $160 in amazon.

1 comment: