Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pasta Marinara



Marinara sauce, for me,  is the most versatile pasta sauce that I can prepare at anytime. Still haven't gotten over from Habagat's disaster, I cooked spaghetti in Marinara plain and simple. Most of my cooking tools were submerged in the flood since they are kept at the bottom part of my buffet cabinet, of course I wouldn't want to jeopardize the health of my family so with a pain in my heart, I tossed everything out in the trash. 


Now working on minimal gadgets, I needed to cook something that will surely satisfy me and my family. Spaghetti comes to mind as one of our favorite comfort food. 

Ingredients

1 jar of Ragu Spaghetti sauce or your preferred Tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 onion, minced
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Handful of Fresh Basil or 1 tsp. if using dried
1 pack of 400g spaghetti, cooked al dente

Procedure


  1. Cook pasta in salted water, drain.
  2. In a saucepan, add about 2 tsp of olive oil, add the onions right away. Sauté until softened and semi-transparent. Add the garlic and stir in Ragu.
  3. Wait for the sauce to boil before seasoning with basil, salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes. 
  4. Pour sauce on cooked pasta. Top with grated parmesan cheese.

Note: On a normal day I use fresh tomatoes, boil them for hours and then pureed in a blender as my basic Marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment